About the job
Bristol digital agency Fresh8 who specialise in online gaming. Are looking for a Backend Developer to join them in Bristol (Temple Gate). You’ll need a modern backend language but then you start you’ll be primarily using Go; which we are big fans of.
It’s a great opportunity for any Mid-weight develop looking at gaining some experience working with Go and developing for some of the world’s leading gambling operators.
We’re currently working on
- Automated scaling of our platform to handle over 20x spikes in requests
- Improving stability across the platform using monitoring of metrics, profiling services, and benchmarking core functionality
- Reducing developer toil by automating repetitive tasks for integrations of new clients and third party feeds
- Building data pipelines to facilitate business intelligence and user segmentation for advanced ad targeting
- Exploring containerisation across the platform to orchestrate microservices, improve time to deployment pipelines, and reduce infrastructure costs
We’re looking for
- Someone with proven back end coding skills using a modern language
- Experience with productionising microservices; health checks, load balancing, service discovery, metrics, circuit breaking, etc.
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent understanding
- Familiarity with Agile working practices
- Experience utilising databases, SQL or NoSQL
- Deep understanding of approaches to testing
- Experience with version control systems, such as Git
- Someone ready for Senior level Back End Developer jobs in Bristol such as: Go Developer | Golang Developer | Java Developer | Node.js Developer | PHP Developer | Python Developer | Ruby Developer | Back End Developer etc.
You may also bring – or like to gain – skills in any of the following
- Professional experience with Go
- Optimisation and scaling of microservices
- Docker and containerisation
- gRPC and protobuf
We’ll help you get up to speed on our technology mix
Go (aka Golang) | microservices | Node.js | Python | BigQuery | Prometheus / Kibana | PostgreSQL | Redis | Aerospike | distributed systems | Google Pub/Sub | GCP technologies | machine learning | Kanban | TDD | and more…
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV to: email@example.comApply by email Visit Website