About the job
Hazy AI are looking for a Data Scientist to join the team near Spitalfields Market. This UCL spin-out and prize winning start-up is made up of a great team filled with some talented super developers and serial entrepreneurs. You’ll need to know Python and a background with: Machine Learning, Computer Science, Maths, Physics would be a must.
Hazy is an AI start-up that helps people to use data whilst treating it responsibly. We’re a spin-out from the University College London’s (UCL) Centre for Computation, Mathematics and Physics. Earlier this year we secured $1 million in funding after winning the Innovate AI award from Microsoft’s venture fund (M12) – they identified us as one of the most innovative companies harnessing the power of artificial intelligence. Alongside this, we have secured the backing from some of Europe’s most influential Investors – and now we’re scaling, fast.
Our team is comprised of a diverse group from around the globe and we are all committed to striving for transparency and excellence in everything we do. If you’re interested in joining a business at the cutting edge of AI and you’re eager to make a difference in the realm of privacy and data ethics, we’d love to hear from you.
What are we doing?
We’re building a data sharing platform with built in anonymisation using AI to automate the process. We provide legal and access controls to help companies to meet regulatory requirements and stay on top of their data. We’re developing advanced technology to automate the classification and anonymisation of arbitrary data sets. This allows us to analyse data, understand risk and optimise trade-offs between privacy and utility.
As a Data Scientist within the team, you will be working at the cutting edge of real-world data anonymisation. Working with a team of like-minded data scientists to develop novel approaches to deal with real-time anonymisation at scale. You will be supported by the Engineering and DevOps team to get your work into production.
Are you interested in the overall data protection and privacy topic? Do you often find yourself advocating for more ethical use of data among your peers? We are driving thought leadership in this area and encouraging better practices in processing personal data.
- Design, develop and test new anonymisation approaches, AI and machine learning algorithms
- Support in optimising the accuracy and performance algorithms
- Keep up with relevant literature in the field
- Contribute to the Hazy roadmap and the broader scientific community
- The desire to see real-world results from your work and making real impact to end users
- Present results in white papers, journals and conferences
- Research experience in relevant academic subjects (Machine Learning, Computer Science, Maths, Physics)
- Real-world commercial experience would be a bonus
- Authoring and submission of relevant content to established journals
- Strong working knowledge of common languages and tools such as; Python, Matlab, R, TensorFlow, PyTorch
What else is on offer?
- Lovely bright office in one of London’s best co-working spaces (a stone’s throw from Old Spitalfields Market – you will never go hungry again..)
- State of the art kit – let us know what tools you need to do your job to the best of your ability
- Generous holiday allowance
- We take your personal, and career development really seriously – we’ll work closely together to scope out clear objectives and goals that will ensure you keep developing.
Hazy is committed to creating and sustaining a working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age.
How to apply
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply by email Visit Website