About the job
TransferWise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission: Money without borders – so people and businesses can send and receive any currency effortlessly, whenever, wherever.
Sure, the heart of what we do is international money transfer. And we’re committed to making it instant, convenient and fair for millions of people, all over the world. But we’re growing our other products and our teams at an exciting pace. And we’re looking for the very best to jump on board.
What is it like to work there
At TransferWise, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in dozens of self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up that learn from each other.
Each team picks the problems they want to solve. So there’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. And no one telling you what to do. You are your own boss. But you’ll get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues from all over TransferWise.
We’re going to be upfront — the way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But if freedom, autonomy, and life-affirming, head-scratching professional challenges rock your world, we could be a match made in heaven.
We hire engineers that empathise with our customers problems, develop solutions and measure results. We’re proud of our engineering team – it’s built an incredible product that’s changing the world. They operate autonomously within their teams, focussing relentlessly on our customers, there is no one telling you what to do. It’s your plan.
What you’ll be working on:
TransferWise is complex under the hood, but we’re just getting started. With our own payment rails, there are lots of opportunities to build new products and services on them.
At its core, our stack is Java microservices, using Netflix OSS offerings, and SPAs written in Angular 1/React, with a legacy Grails monolith. We are moving quickly to proven distributed technologies that can be scaled (Kafka, Zookeeper, Eureka, Bouncer + much more)
More details: http://tech.transferwise.com/the-transferwise-stack-heartbeat-of-our-little-revolution/
We’re integrating with a variety of partners and providers across the world, so our customers can send money across borders with minimal fuss and maximum confidence.
- Back-end MVC Framework
- Java and Spring Boot preferred
- Experience developing in a modern front end framework, Angular.js is preferred, but experience with Backbone, Ember, Knockout or React is also relevant.
- Experience working with SQL databases, writing custom queries and designing schemas.
- Understanding of test driven development (TDD), and the desire to write tests.
- Passionate about technology, product and user experience.
- Ability to work independently and plan your own solutions to problems
- Broad understanding of the concept of minimum viable product and conversion rates.
- You put the customer at the heart of everything you do and that empathy drives every decision you make.
- Understanding of Scrum and Agile development
- Experience using database abstraction layers like Hibernate.
- Be a customer of TransferWise
How to apply
Please send an email with a copy of your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.orgApply by email Visit Website