About the job
Car subscription company Drover are looking for a talented Ruby on Rails developer with 3 years experience to join their team near Shoreditch/Old Street area (Haggerston is the closest tube). This mid-weight comes with some great benefits like biannual retreats!
What is Car Subscriptions? Users pay a recurring fee for the right to use a car with insurance, maintenance, tax, MOT and breakdown cover, and can swap vehicles during the subscription or to cancel their subscriptions outright.
What you’ll need
- 3+ years’ experience developing bulletproof user-facing and internal product, ideally at a high-growth startup
- Substantial experience in an object-oriented programming language and web development
- Knowledge of and/or passion for Ruby on Rails
- Strong experience of automated testing and TDD
- Excellent problem-solver with an ability to learn quickly
- Effective communicator and strong team-working skills
- Entrepreneurial working style, comfortable with constantly changing priorities
- Excellent organisational skills and experience
- The opportunity to become one of the early employees at an ultra fast-growing, exciting startup changing the mobility and automotive landscape
- The opportunity to work with, and learn from, a world-class team that includes serial entrepreneurs and alumni from some of the world’s best schools (Oxbridge, LSE, Chicago, Warwick, WHU) and most exciting companies (Google, Uber, Lyft, Blablacar, Gett, WeWork, EY, Goldman Sachs)
- An international environment: we are 18 nationalities working in two offices (London and Lisbon) – expect a couple of work trips to Lisbon!
- A competitive salary and discretionary stock options
- Top-notch kit. We’ll get you a shiny new laptop!
- Pension & cycle-to-work scheme
- Awesome startup office overlooking Regent’s Canal, with a ping-pong table and an Oculus Rift
- Free fruit and coffee
- Free team lunch on Fridays
- Friday drinks
- Monthly socials, biannual team retreats to exciting European destinations to celebrate milestones (Budapest and Lisbon down, where next…?)
How to apply
Please send your CV to email@example.comApply by email Visit Website