About the job
We are looking for a Technical Lead / Senior Creative Technologist to join our London office. We have an awesome team of in-house front-end developers and this versatile role is adaptable depending on your individual profile, however, principally you will head the team, ensuring we continue to deliver world class code on complex projects for our clients and their huge audiences.
Leading from the front, you’ll not only give direction, but be expected to get your hands dirty and help with coding on occasion too.
You will work closely with other department leads in production, design and creative to ensure our projects are delivered to a high standard and on time.
An inspiring leader, you will be a keen mentor for your team; helping them grow in their career path, and your technical input will be key in client meetings, creative sessions and code reviews.
What you’ll be doing
- Delivering: you will create and manage technical project artifacts, including specifications, statements of work, task backlogs, agile boards, and documentation
- Managing, mentoring and delegating to the project development team
- Running developer meetings, including briefings and project scrums alongside our producers
- Representing the development team in client meetings and other project communications
- Planning and scoping of project requirements and timings, working alongside with the producer and other stakeholders
- Managing and liaising with senior/lead backend developers for delivery of the project’s backend components
- Adapting to changes in project deliverables, including scope creep and feature requests, and their impact on the project plan and timings
Skills & Requirements
- You’re a well rounded person with a positive attitude (we like nice people!)
- You’re a natural leader and know how to keep morale high
- You hold excellent written and verbal communication skills, at a technical and layperson-friendly level
- You hold a good working knowledge of Git repo administration including branching, merging and conflict resolution
- You have good project planning and management skills including task breakdowns, estimation of timings, assignment of tasks to team members, sprint planning and scope adjustments
The icing on the cake would be:
- A working understanding of backend development in common web languages e.g. Python, Go, Java
- Presentation skills for tutorials, talks, and one-to-one mentoring and training
- Experience in common software development methodologies including agile scrum and kanban
- Efficient and friendly developer’s hiring techniques, onboarding, mentoring, and career-pathing processes
Toaster crafts beautiful design with emerging technology to create connections between brands and people. Our multi-disciplinary teams act as a creative partner, exploring ideas, design and innovation. Our close-knit teams are based in London, San Francisco, Singapore and New Delhi.
Together with our clients we’ve brought to life some of the internet’s most ground-breaking integrated digital campaigns, often used as benchmarks in the ever-evolving advertising industry.
We strive to produce work which engages, informs, or inspires. Toaster’s people-first philosophy puts the user at the centre to create sticky campaigns for useful services and products which enable people, using the internet as a platform for engagement rather than as a soapbox. We’re continually inspired by tackling things which have never been tried before.
It’s a noisy world. Toaster produces communication and product design which is clean, crafted and stands out from the crowd, with solid art direction and attention to the details of every creative asset. Our designers understand what works (and what doesn’t) for a wide range of media. We believe this is key to tackling the challenges of a fragmented marketing landscape.
Toaster’s experience at the forefront of technologies and the way people use them means we can create communications, products and services with impact. Fully versed in the pros and cons of emerging technologies, we provide consultancy, technical strategy and architecture, cross-stack development and quality assurance, all in-house. Our solutions are secure, robust and highly scalable. Powered by our deep knowledge of the Google Cloud Platform, we focus on database and CMS driven web applications, mobile apps and upcoming tech.
We iterate quickly, with a comprehensive understanding of what’s possible on digital devices. We regularly participate in hackathons; a fast, energetic, challenging exercise where we team up with clients to brainstorm new ideas and build prototypes over the course of just a few days. An extremely valuable approach which yields many ideas some of which are in production already.
How to apply
Please submit your application to email@example.com with “Developer – London” in the subject line, along with an intro about yourself and any sample URLs that show off your code and prove you’ll be able to hit the ground running.Apply by email Visit Website